Stories and Other Writings
By Christopher Walker on Amazon:
- ‘The Man in the Mango Tree‘ – an illustrated book for younger readers. A boy who lives in a mango tree outside an African village must learn how to be brave if he is to save the people he loves.
- ‘Hit the Bottom and Escape‘ – a novel about trying to cope in Ghana and Nigeria.
- ‘Sara the Writer and Other Stories‘ – a collection of short stories set in Poland.
- ‘The Amnesiac and Other Stories‘ – a collection of short stories, with genres ranging from literary to horror to science-fiction.
- ‘The Stars Too Can Die of Sadness‘ – a short novel that examines the nature of existence.
Published by Others
- ‘You Are Here‘ – a collection of stories all with a cartographic bent. My story ‘The Wall’ is included here.
- ‘In Medias Res‘ – tales from life in the middle. Including my short story ‘The Cough.’
- ‘Circuits & Slippers‘ – sci-fi retellings of classic fairy tales. Includes my story ‘Some Assembly Required.’
- ‘Eeny Meeny Miney Mo‘ – stories for children, including my tale, ‘The Purple Giraffe.’
- ‘My Daughter Listens to Trees‘ – a story in 200 words (200CC)
- ‘Oniomania‘ – a curious addiction to shopping (Scrittura).
- ‘Perspective‘ – the difficult nature of drawing (Scrittura).
- ‘The Castle‘ – life in a drowned world (The Nabu Review).
- ‘The Monastery at Tyniec‘ (pdf download) – a short story set in Poland (Spinebind).
- ‘Fairground Fun in Tbilisi‘ – travel writing which won the ‘Just Back’ competition in the Telegraph newspaper in the UK.
- ‘Painter Interrupted: Mary Cassatt and Illness‘ – a short piece in Hektoen International.
- ‘Gabon‘ – a short piece with accompanying photograph in the journal Fractured Nuance.
- ‘Slawomir Mrozek‘ – a biographical piece about the Polish satirist/absurdist, published through the marvellous Asymptote Journal.